7 Principles of Becoming a Leader
The definitive guide for starting and building your management career.
7 Principles of Becoming a Leader – The definitive guide for starting and building your management career:
A book to teach you everything you need to start and build your management career and become a leader.
This book will teach you the formula for starting and building a successful management career and becoming a leader.
I figured out this formula while building my own corporate management career during the last 10 years, and it has made all the difference in my own life. I managed to more than quintuple (yes, that means x5) my income during those years, and while doing that I have enjoyed the journey greatly.
During those years, I read hundreds of books on management, leadership, psychology, personal development, productivity and business in general. However, none of those books really gave me a clear answer or a formula on how to get started with your management career, and how to get those first few very important promotions, that open to doors for everything else.
I also graduated as a Master of Business Administration during my 10 years’ journey, but even that did not teach me anything on how to become a manager, build a successful management career, and how to transform to a real leader. I learned a lot of useful skills and theory from the Master’s degree, books and additional trainings and courses I took, but that was it. Nothing really revealed to me, what is the secret of building a management career, and no book or teacher ever mentioned, what I should do to secure a promotion after promotion to raise from the ranks of the single contributors to leading hundreds of people.
So, when I realized that there wasn’t a good source of information available for my needs, I started to experiment myself. I talked with hundreds of people and discussed with countless leaders and managers that I met during my career to find out what were the secrets and tactics that made some people raise in the ranks so much faster than anyone else. I also made many costly mistakes (that I could have avoided, if I had the correct information from the beginning). I learned a lot from all of this, and I started to figure out what it was all about.
Soon I had a strategy in my mind, and I started testing it at my that time employer, a huge consulting giant, CGI. I started as the youngest project manager in an autonomous business unit of approximately 70 people. I didn’t have any leadership skills or experience (or even training at this stage). The only thing I knew was how to barely manage some projects. In less than 3 years, I was leading the whole business unit and all of its people. I had the title of a Director, that I had been dreaming off for a long time. And I also had the rewards that come with the leadership position at this level. I had my proof that the strategy was working, and I knew that I had uncovered something of great value! After my own success, I have helped a few chosen people with the same strategy, and everyone has been getting great results, even if they were following only parts of the formula.
During the year 2019, I came to a conclusion that I wanted to share all that I had learned, and help all those who are in the same situation, that I was some 10 years ago. I remember well the frustration and helplessness that I felt, when I tried to grasp for whatever information I could find on how to make my dream come true, and to become a professional leader. Now I hope that I can help as many as possible to avoid those feelings by arming them with proper knowledge and tools to speed up their journeys to becoming good leaders and building successful careers. And most of all, doing it while enjoying the journey and the great rewards it will offer!
So here we are, the book is currently in the first rounds of editing, and soon all this knowledge will be for the first time available in a single book. I have done my best to keep it only in the essentials, but it seems that there is no way of putting all this information under 350 pages, so that is what you will get.
The book will be published in the first half of the 2020.
Related Articles at eotsc.com blog
- Pursuing a leadership career – why should you lead?
- Essential Leadership Skills: Leading up
- Leadership Lessons: Your identity – you are not your title
- Essential Leadership Skills: How To Lead Remotely
- Essential Leadership Skills: Act Like a Leader
- Essential Leadership Skills: Influence from trust and respect
- Career Management: Choose your position wisely
- Career Management: Choose your company wisely
- Essential Leadership Skills: Decision-making
- Career changes to different industries or areas of expertise
- Extreme morning routine for extraordinary results
- How to ask for a raise and negotiate salary – complete guide
- Essential Leadership Skills: Delegating
- Do you know how engaged your employees are? These statistics tell that you probably don’t.
- How to ask for a promotion and get the best results
- Essential Leadership Skills: Crisis Management
- Do you know how amazingly costly it can be to deny a salary raise?
- 13 steps how to get a promotion to your first management position quickly
- 10 reasons why some people get promoted fast and often
- Take ownership of your work – Troubleshooting, Part 2
- Take ownership of your work and start to lead, Part 1
- Keys for building a management career: mentors, coaches and the people around you.
Ready to start your leadership career?
Subscribe and download a free 40-page ebook
3 KEY STRATEGIES FOR STARTING A LEADERSHIP CAREER